Friday, May 30, 2008

T-shirts to die for from Retro God

RetroGod is a collection of retro classics in the making. Strong conceptual design with a retro flavor, unique and original artwork dealing with social commentary and cultural misconceptions in an amusing and stylish way. Over 100 designs by UK designer Paul Baines.

Paul Baines has an arts background. He graduated at Brighton University UK in Conceptual Arts and Media before beginning a career as a designer. He spent ten years working as web and print-based graphic designer before taking on more and more corporate branding projects.

He started to feel he lost his own way, he neither had the space or time to return to his original love of painting and print, installation work and video. Therefore he chose t-shirts as a quick and convenient outlet for his art.

"Eventually the sales began to pick up, I started a blog about t-shirts and am working on a global t-shirt printer's directory. I hope to eventually have my own independent online store and screen-printing equipment so I can have far greater control over the creative process - including larger designs and over-the-hem printing.

I have a decent-sized customer base, I seem to sell to women mainly, although men do love 'Ninjas' and 'Crowd Surfer'. The most popular item with women is 'Speak to the Hand'. I think my work has a broad appeal, especially with retro enthusiasts?

The name Retro God probably came to me on the way back from the pub one Weekend, it sounded good at the time, it isn't religious, perhaps a tad blasphemous, still a catchy name!"

To see more retro designs go to RETROGOD.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails